- The promoter of this competition is the Royal Automobile Club, 89-91 Pall Mall, London SW1Y 5HS (the Promoter).
- All those who have entered the Virtual Run and share content from the day (Sunday 1 November) will be eligible to win one of a range of prizes.
- The prizes (which will need to be collected at the Royal Automobile Club) include:
- First Prize: A fabulous weekend for two, with all the trimmings, at the Royal Automobile Club, Pall Mall
- Second Prize: Dinner for two at the Club’s Great Gallery restaurant, Pall Mall
- Third Prize: A splendid bottle of ABERFELDY Single Malt Scotch Whisky
A trophy will additionally be awarded for the Best Dressed.
- All those that had entered the 2020 RM Sotheby’s London to Brighton Veteran Car Run AND shared content from the Virtual Run will additionally receive a 2020 Finisher’s Medal.
What to share
- The content should be photos and/ or videos of your Virtual Run which will be shared with the wider veteran car community via the Run’s official. We would love you to share images of your veteran cars taking to the road or images of you dressed up to the nines with your period outfits for a Sunday lunch, or raising a toast to the great traditions of the Run.
- When providing the content, describe what is in your photos and/ or videos e.g. who appears in them, car type/ make/model, where it's been taken, how far your Virtual Run was etc.
How to share
- Either on the day of the Run itself (Sunday 1 November) or, where that's not possible, by 5pm on Friday 6 November. Please use one of the following methods:
- Emailing VCRadmin@goose.co.uk. Use 'Virtual Run' in the subject line so that we can look out for your email. File types we can accept are JPG, PNG, MOV and MP4 up to a maximum combined file size of 10mb.
- Uploading larger files to us (via Goose Live Events) here: https://www.veterancarrun.com/upload.
- Posting your own photos and/ or videos on social media and tagging us in (@VeteranCarRun) so that we can view it and share.
Selection of prize winners
- All content shared will be posted to the Run’s official social media channels, subject to the exclusions outlined at 12-15.
- Winners will be shortlisted, initially on the basis of the Virtual Run content generating most engagement on the Run’s official social media channels between 7am on Sunday 1 November and 5pm on Friday 20 November, with the VCR Steering Group panel determining the winners from this shortlist.
- The winners will be contacted by email prior to Friday 27 November. If we cannot contact a winner or if a winner does not respond within one week of contact initially being made, the prize may be forfeited.
- Only those aged 18 and over are eligible for the prizes.
- Content supplied by anyone clearly undertaking the traditional Run route from London to Brighton.
- Content supplied of non-VCR eligible cars will not be included.
- Content deemed to be otherwise inappropriate.
- Participation in the Quiz is just for fun and no prizes will be awarded. The Quiz will be self-scoring and the answers will be made available by the Promoter after the Quiz has been issued.
- By sharing your photos and/ or videos you are giving permission for The Promoter to use these in its promotion of the Virtual Run and in any other promotion of the RM Sotheby’s London to Brighton Veteran Car Run.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize must be accepted as offered. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize, in whole or part. The prize is non-transferable and is not for re-sale.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
- It is the responsibility of the winner to inform the Promoter of any special access requirements when taking up the prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines.
- The winner agrees to take part in publicity relating to this prize promotion with no further recompense.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
- The winner’s details may need to be passed to our authorised partner companies to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of this competition prize but only with their permission.
- The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.