The Bonhams London to Brighton Veteran Car Run supported by Hiscox is a truly magnificent spectacle and offers members of the public a rare opportunity to view 400 pre-1905 vehicles travel on mass along public roads.
Included on this page is information to help you understand the origins of the Run, what is happening, where and how best to enjoy it. Please see the below list of what is included
- Historical timeline showcasing the Veteran Car Run from the very beginning
- An event overview which details the events taking place during the London Motor Week, some of which are open to the general public
- Directions and travel information to the three main checkpoints in London, Crawley and Brighton
- Open top bus tour booking information. Should you wish to get up close and personal, we offer places on an open top bus tour which follows the same route as the veteran cars and gives exclusive access to the paddock at Madeira Drive. This is a unique opportunity to share and experience the Run with the participants’ and fellow enthusiasts.
- Spectator route map detailing the best viewing points along the 60-mile route. The crowds support, cheers and words of encouragment help keep these magnificent old cars and adventurous owners on course for Brighton
Follow the links located in each dedicated section for further information. Alternatively, please contact the Veteran Car Run Organisation Team by email: VCRadmin@goose.co.uk or telephone: +44 (0) 1483 524 433.
The date for the 2017 Bonhams Veteran Car Run supported by Hiscox is Sunday 5 November 2017.
The highlights for the week are shown below or download the Entry Information Brochure here.
If you can't find what you are looking for, please contact the Veteran Car Run Organisation Team by email: VCRadmin@goose.co.uk or telephone: +44 (0) 1483 524 433.
Thursday 2 November
The Mountbatten Room
The Royal Automobile Club
89 Pall Mall
Dress Code - Jacket required, no jeans.
The Royal Automobile Club and the Veteran Car Run Steering Group are delighted to present the sixth Motoring Forum, taking place on Thursday 2 November in the Mountbatten Room at the Club’s Pall Mall clubhouse.
The Forum will take the now familiar format of enjoying presentations by key industry speakers on a range of automotive and motor sport-related topics, Kicking-off the Forum, esteemed expert in hydrogen technology, Professor Ad van Wijk, will talk about the future of motoring and Paul Niblett will discuss the evolution and development of the tyre. Dr Shaun Crofton, meanwhile will talk about safety helmets and material failures and Nick Young will conduct a presentation on motor vehicle registrations from 1903 onward. The sessions will be followed by a buffet lunch and further topical discussions before finally rounding off with a light-hearted quiz.
Regardless of where your motoring interest lies, it promises to be a thought provoking, informative and fun occasion. Tickets cost £15.00 each and include arrival refreshments and a buffet lunch.
Arrival, coffee and refreshments – 10.30am
Morning session – 11.00am
Buffet luncheon – 12.45pm
Afternoon session – 1.30pm
Closing remarks and finish – 3.30pm
To book your place at the Forum, visit www.veterancarrun.com/shop
Please note - tickets are not issued for this event